Add domain to office 365 and office 365 dns records
This post describes about how to Add domain to office 365 and office 365 DNS records. You can follow the below steps in office 365 admin center.
- Log in to Office 365 portal by following the link “https://portal.office.com“.
- Navigate to “Admin->Setup->Domains” and click on “Add domain“.
- A dialogue box will open. Enter domain name ex: spmcse.com in the field “Add a domain” and click on “Next“.
- You will proceed to “Verify domain” dialogue box where you will find options “verify by” as “TXT record” or “MX record”. Click on “TXT record”. There will be 3 records like “TXT name”, “TXT Value (ex : MS=ms*)”, “TTL”. Copy the “TXT value”.
- Navigate to “domain hosting provider” site to update DNS records. Since my domain is from google, i navigate to google domain and click on “DNS” to “Configure DNS”.
- Scroll down and identify “custom resource records“. you need to paste the “TXT value” here. Enter the details related to “TXT record” as per below screenshot and click on “Add“.
- Navigate to the Office 365 admin center again and click on “Verify” under “Verify domain” dialogue box. Verification process will start and will be completed successfully.
Close the dialogue box. identify the different records related to “Exchange Online“, “Skype for business“, “Mobile device management for office 365” under the domain setup option which you will get on selecting the domain again as per below screenshot.
- Navigate to “domain hosting provider” site to update DNS records again. follow the same process for rest of the dns records as we did for “TXT value” of type TXT described above. Enter all dns records as per the screenshot below.
- For Exchange Online
|@||TXT||v=spf1 include:spf.protection.outlook.com -all||1h|
- Skype for Business
|_sip _tls||SRV||100 1 443 sipdir.online.lync.com.||1h|
|_sipfederationtls _tcp||SRV||100 1 5061 sipfed.online.lync.com.||1h|
- Mobile Device Management for Office 365
- Once DNS records updated, navigate to office 365 Admin center and click on the domain to setup domain for next step. Select “I will manage my own DNS records” and click “DNS“. set up will be verified and will be completed finally.
Categories: office 365 business