You need to add server to farm in sharepoint, then follow the step by step below. Let’s say, there is some issue due to which you disconnected web front-end server from sharepoint farm. Once issue resolved, you need to join web front-end server to farm again. In that case follow the step by step below.
- Open the web front-end server which is disconnected from sharepoint farm or you need to join server to farm.
- Click on sharepoint product configuration wizard from Start.
- Click on Next from the dialog opened.
- You will get additional dialog box which will inform the services may have to be started or reset during configuration. You see internet information services, sharepoint administration service, sharepoint timer service will be restarted during this config wizard run. Click on Yes.
- You will get a dialog connect to a server farm with options like connect to an existing server farm and create a new farm. Select the option Connect to an existing farm and click on Next.
- You may skip to next step to enter details like Database server name and Database name.
- Enter Database server name and click on Retrieve Database names. Config database will be auto populated in the field Database name.
In the next dialog Specify Farm Security Settings, enter passphrase and click on Next.
Next you need to Specify a Server Role since minrole is implemented in sharepoint 2019. Select Front-end server present under Dedicated Roles and click on Next.
Verify details like Configuration Database Server, Configuration Database Name, Local Server Role and click on Next.
Running Configuration Wizard will start.
Once all tasks in Configuration Wizard completed, you will get message on the same. Click on Finish. Central admin page will open.
Start site in IIS
Once server is added, you need to start site from IIS.
- Open Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager from start.
- You will find the status of site/sites as stopped state.
- Select the site which is stopped state and click on Start from Action pane.
Check site binding
Once site is in started state, you need to check the site binding.
- Select the site and right click on it.
- Click on Edit Bindings.
- Verify the binding. It should be proper and certificate should be applied on it.
Categories: SharePoint 2019, sharepoint server
You must be logged in to post a comment.