maximum upload file size limit need to increase or decrease in sharepoint when we receive request from user. User facing issue like “file size exceeds the limit allowed” when trying to upload file of size large. Then user request to increase sharepoint upload file size limit for site. SharePoint administrator can follow any one of the two methods below.
- Increase file size upload in sharepoint using UI method
- change upload file size limit using powershell
Increase file size upload limit using UI method
Follow step by step procedure as below to increase sharepoint upload file size limit for a site using UI method.
- Open “Application Management’ from central admin in sharepoint 2019.
- Click on option “Manage web application” present under “Web Application”.
- Selelct the web application for which you want to change the file size limit.
- Click on “General Settings” from ribbon.
- One windows dialog box will open. Scroll down and identify the option “Maximum Upload Size”.
- Edit the value present under Maximum Upload Size to any value with in default value threshold limit of maximum uploading file size 10 gb.
change file size upload limit using powershell
we can use powershell to change the limit of maximum upload file size. Use the command below to apply the chnage.
$webApp = Get-SPWebApplication http://win-q2repghf9du:44179/ $webApp.MaximumFileSize = 10240 $webApp.Update()
Default threshold limit for uploading a maximum file size is 10gb. we have to modify and keep the modified value with in this limit of 10 gb. Higher the value of Maximum Upload Size, impact of performance in sharepoint server will be high.