There was an issue in microsoft word web app can't open this document "Sorry,we can't open this document because there was a problem talking to the service"
- Web Application published internally and externally (so make sure both URLs added to Alternate Access Mapping)
- Office Web Apps 2013 (Published externally via TMG 2010 and internally)
I have a farm which connected to Office Web Apps 2013 and It's working fine internally so then we decided to enable it to open Office Web Apps externally by the following steps :
1- In Office Web Apps Server , Open Power Shell and run this command to add the External URL to existing Farm:
Set-OfficeWebAppsFarm -ExternalURL http://test.com/
2-In SharePoint Server , Open SharePoint 2013 Management Shell and run the following commands:
New-SPWOPIBinding -ServerName OfficeWebAppServer.com -AllowHTTP
$c = Get-SPSecurityTokenServiceConfig
$c.AllowOAuthOverHttp = $true
then when I tried to access the Office documents from External URL I got the following error :
"Sorry,we can't open this document because there was a problem talking to the service"
- This issue related to TMG publishing rule so to fix it :
- Open TMG Management Console
- Go to Publish rule for Office Web Apps
- Right click on the rule and choose Configure HTTP
- Uncheck Verify Normalization
- Click ok
- Click Apply
- Wait the sync process
You must be logged in to post a comment.