While configuring SharePoint Server Reporting Services (SSRS) at my client, I had a really strange problem on one of the farms… I couldn’t get the SSRS Addin to install. I tried rebooting, repairing but nothing. After digging out in the logs, I found this funny error message:
CA MSG : rsCustomAction.exe failed to configure, Error code is: 1
CustomAction RSSP_CAInstall_64 returned actual error code 1603 (note this may not be 100% accurate if translation happened inside sandbox)
Also, for the information I was running SQL 2012 SP1 + Windows Server 2012 R2. You might also see something like this in the logs:
Long Story Short, after a lot of googling and asking for help from SQL & SharePoint masters, I found out that the bug is because I had a line commented in the web.config file of a web application. As strange as this may sound, after deleting the commented line, the install went through perfectly. I couldn’t find any official documentation on this, so if this worked for you please share it in the comments!
Drop a comment if this helped!
Categories: SharePoint 2013, sharepoint2010, SSRS
You must be logged in to post a comment.