I was trying to register my WordPress account in Microsoft word blog template so that can post directly from Microsoft word file but unable to register the blog provider WordPress with message as "word cannot register your account".
- log in to your wp-admin account "https://<blog URL>/wp-admin/profile.php"
- Click on "User"
- select the "User" and "Edit User"
- Under "Account management" click on "Generate password".
- Once password generated click on "Update Profile".
- Then go to "Microsoft Word" end now enter your details "Url", "User Name" and "This generated password" and i am sure you will be successful.
You can use the same old password to access your account. Its not changing the account password.