Something went wrong 1920x1080

Something went wrong after enabling RBS

Advertisements
Advertisements

Something went wrong error after enabling RBS

I have just configured and enabled RBS for my SharePoint 2013 environment and now when I try to access the site I get the following error message: Sorry, Something went wrong Something went wrong error after enabling RBS sharepoint

Cannot complete this action.

Please try again.

Yet another fine example of unhelpful error messages from Microsoft!  Well, a quick check of the Event Log revealed nothing so I moved on to the ULS log.  Just before the error was generated the following lines were recorded in the log

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0×80131904): The EXECUTE permission was denied on the object ‘rbs_fn_get_blob_reference’, database ‘WEBBWORLD_Content_Portal’, schema ‘mssqlrbs’.

SQL error code from last error 229 – The EXECUTE permission was denied on the object ‘rbs_fn_get_blob_reference’, database ‘WEBBWORLD_Content_Portal’, schema ‘mssqlrbs’.

Clearly the problem was down to permissions.  After a bit of trial and error I discovered that the fix was to grant the following permissions to the Application Pool account on the content database:

  • db_rbs_admin
  • db_rbs_filestream_maintaner_1
  • db_rbs_filestream_reader_1
  • db_rbs_filestream_writer_1
  • db_rbs_maintainer
  • db_rbs_reader
  • db_rbs_writer
Advertisements
Advertisements
Advertisements