How to configure load balance WFE servers sharepoint
So, first install the NLB feature in Windows which can be done using Server Manager as per below screenshot:
Then create NLB cluster on the first server:
- Open Network Load Balancing Manager
- From the Cluster menu choose New
- Enter the server name or IP address and select the desired interface from the list. Click Next
- Select the dedicated IP address and click Next
- Add a cluster IP address, choose Multicast and click Next
- If required, narrow down the ports required for the cluster (for example just port 80 and 443). Click Finish. The cluster is now in place with just the one host, as you can see below:
To add the second host just right-click the cluster and choose Add host to cluster. Follow the wizard to add the second server to the cluster.
Note: when clustering 3 or more web front end servers it is a good idea to use a separate network for server to server communication.