SharePoint Server 2016 provides three types of caches that help improve the speed at which web pages load in the browser: the BLOB cache, the ASP.NET output cache, and the object cache.Please go through the post for details.
Never open MS Project files directly from your cache, you should always open from the saved location (typically the MS Project Server) to get the most recent version. You should […]
If you, like me, are playing with SharePoint 2013 or if you have plans to migrate/deploy SharePoint 2013, you may have already heard about Distributed Cache (a.k.a. Velocity or AppFabric). […]
Issue The Distributed Cache service does not install correctly on additional farm servers. Symptoms When you join a server to the farm the Distributed Cache service on the server does […]
In SharePoint every content database contains an EventCache table that is the “change log” for objects contained in the database. Each row in the table is depicting a change in […]
SharePoint 2013 provides three types of caches that help improve the speed at which web pages load in the browser: the BLOB cache, the ASP.NET output cache, and the object […]
If you experience issues with timer jobs failing to complete are receiving errors trying to run psconfig, clearing the configuration cache on the farm is a possible method for resolving […]
I recently inherited a SharePoint/Project Server environment that no one in the organization had the credentials for the Farm or any service accounts.
Not only did I find out no one had any credentials but I also found out they used the same credentials for multiple environments. This left me with the task of having to reset the password on all of the servers, services, AD, etc. but would also cause a larger outage due to cross environment use.
So through some research I found this cool little script to help me out. This will go to the secure store databases and retrieve the Farm account information and then use it to retrieve the others.
Go through the post in detail for the powershell script
* Recently we had issues with our distributed cache system that was set up on are farm quite some time ago when I built it with SPAuto-Installer. This could have been from rolling out cumulative updates or what have you. There is very little documentation on the web for this.
* In our case we had 4 servers (2 web front-ends and 2 application servers) all with the distributed cache enabled. Only one server was running the distributed cache.
* The correct topology for distributed cache is for it to exist on the web front-ends. So we made some changes to the farm.
* Clean up all 4 Servers using the following commands:
Go through the post in details for the script