Category Archives: EventID

Project Active Directory Connection Failed Project Server

Element ID / Rule name:

Project_Active_Directory_Connection_Failed

Summary:

This monitor indicates that Microsoft Project Web App could not access the Active Directory directory service.

When an administrator browses to the "Active Directory Enterprise Resource Pool Synchronization" or "Add or Edit Group" page by using Project Web App, Project Web App checks the current availability of the Active Directory forests. This check determines whether the Find Group button on those pages is enabled.

If the Find Group button is available, administrators can use it to choose which Active Directory group to use for synchronization.

Cause:

One or more of the following situations might be the cause:

The Microsoft Project Server application server is using a SharePoint Service Account (SA) account that does not have read access to Active Directory.

The Project Server application server may no longer be joined to an Active Directory domain.

The Project Server application server does not currently have network access to the domain.

Ports required for Project Server and Active Directory to communicate are not open between the Project Server application server and the Active Directory store. This can occur if a firewall is configured to block a port described in the following list:

389/UDP – LDAP: LDAP is the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol that is designed to provide a standard way to access directory services. LDAP is the primary protocol used to access an Active Directory store.

636/TCP – LDAP over SSL: When Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) is enabled, the LDAP data that is transmitted and received is encrypted.

3268/TCP – Microsoft Global Catalog: Active Directory global catalogs listen on this port.

3269/TCP – Microsoft Global Catalog with LDAP/SSL: Microsoft global catalog SSL connections listen on this port.

Possible resolutions include:

Verify that the service account used by the SA used by the Project Server application server is a domain account that has read access to Active Directory.

Verify that the Project Server application server is joined to an Active Directory domain.

Verify that the Project Server application server has network access.

Verify that the ports listed in the previous section are open between the Active Directory store and the Project Server application server.

Advertisements
Advertisements
Advertisements
something went wrong error

500 Internal Server Error sharepoint2013 SSRS

While trying to install SharePoint Server Reporting Services got into error “SSRS Errors, Gotta catch ‘em all!“. The error is basically getting a “The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error” whenever you click on either “System Settings” or “Manage Jobs

manage reporting services setting

manage reporting services setting

The error:

something went wrong error

something went wrong error

This doesn’t tell us much, however when we go into Event Viewer we find two event IDs that are related to this and they both have similar messages.

event viewer error message

event viewer error message

Event ID 6398

event viewer error message2

event viewer error message2

The thing we find in common in both those errors is “Could not find permission set named ‘ASP.Net’”. Here are the steps. What you probably already done to get to the error:

  • Install Reporting Servers + Addin
  • Run the PowerShell commands (Install-SPRSService & Install-SPRSServiceProxy & get-spserviceinstance -all |where {$_.TypeName -like “SQL Server Reporting*”} | Start-SPServiceInstance)
  • Create the SSRS Service Application.

What I did to fix it:

  • Delete the SSRS Service Application as well as Databases.
  • Run the following PowerShell command: “get-spserviceinstance -all |where {$_.TypeName -like “SQL Server Reporting*”} | Stop-SPServiceInstance
  • Run the following PowerShell command: “Install-SPRSService –Uninstall
  • Run the following PowerShell command: “Install-SPRSServiceProxy –Uninstall
  • Go to Control Panel, Select SQL Server and then click REPAIR. Do a full repair of the SSRS + Addin feature (you shouldn’t have anything else installed on the server anyway, so just select all)
  • Run the PowerShell commands (Install-SPRSService & Install-SPRSServiceProxy & get-spserviceinstance -all |where {$_.TypeName -like “SQL Server Reporting*”} | Start-SPServiceInstance)
  • Create the SSRS Service Application.

Now everything should work! Drop a comment if this helped!

EventID 2548 Content Plugin cannot be initialized

Event ID 2548 Content Plugin cannot be initialized

Advertisements
Advertisements

Event ID 2548 Content Plugin cannot be initialized

I have built a new SharePoint 2013 environment and after provisioning a new Search Service Application the following was regularly being logged in the Application Event Log: Event ID 2548

Content Plugin cannot be initialized - list of CSS addresses is not set

EventID 2548 css adress not set sharepoint search

After a fair amount of Googling and looking through logs I learned that this was caused by the Search Service Application not being fully provisioned.  After removing and recreating the Search Service Application these errors went away.

Advertisements
Advertisements