Category Archives: Error Code

Sharepoint 2013 – 404 Not Found while accessing site collection from outside

Error :

I have a Sharepoint 2013 running on a Windows Server 2012. Following issue appeared:

I made a new Site-Collection as wiki. Everything (links,…) works fine on the server but when I want to access the wiki from outside (not localhost) the server runs in a 404 Not found error.

http://localhost/sites/wiki/Pages/Home.aspx - works fine(localhost)

http://10.38.0.15/sites/wiki/Pages/Home.aspx - doesn't work.

I checked the IIS settings, all servers are up and running. The log file has no errors in it.

Resolution :

The most common cause for this is that you don’t have the IIS host header configured correctly. The 404 will appear because you are hitting a different IIS web site and not the one you intended to.

If you go into IIS Manager and click on “Sites” in the right hand pane there will be a column called bindings and a column called ID.

IIS will check in the order of ID for the first site that matches. Make sure the default site is stopped. If you see bindings that look like the following:

ID 1: Bindings: *:80

ID 2: Bindings: www.yoursite.com:80

www.othersite.com will match ID 1. Any other site that doesn’t specify a port or https: will be directed to ID 2.

You need to ensure that the site you are trying to access matches your bindings. The “www.yoursite.com” is added to the site via “New Web Application” in SharePoint.

There is a field called Host: in Central Administration. This should match what you are typing from inside and outside the server.

If you need the site to respond to multiple names, you need to extend the web application.

Assuming you used the default of claims authentication, here are the instructions for that:

I am not sure if this is still required in Server 2012, but disabling the loopback check might also help, although this usually results in a 401, and repeated attempts to log in. Here are the instructions for that.

Project Server Error Codes

Project Server 2010 Error Codes

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms508961(v=office.12).aspx#pj12_ErrorCodes_Timesheets

<

p class=”title”>Project Server 2013 error codes

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/ms508961.aspx

something went wrong error

500 Internal Server Error sharepoint2013 SSRS

While trying to install SharePoint Server Reporting Services got into error “SSRS Errors, Gotta catch ‘em all!“. The error is basically getting a “The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error” whenever you click on either “System Settings” or “Manage Jobs

manage reporting services setting

manage reporting services setting

The error:

something went wrong error

something went wrong error

This doesn’t tell us much, however when we go into Event Viewer we find two event IDs that are related to this and they both have similar messages.

event viewer error message

event viewer error message

Event ID 6398

event viewer error message2

event viewer error message2

The thing we find in common in both those errors is “Could not find permission set named ‘ASP.Net’”. Here are the steps. What you probably already done to get to the error:

  • Install Reporting Servers + Addin
  • Run the PowerShell commands (Install-SPRSService & Install-SPRSServiceProxy & get-spserviceinstance -all |where {$_.TypeName -like “SQL Server Reporting*”} | Start-SPServiceInstance)
  • Create the SSRS Service Application.

What I did to fix it:

  • Delete the SSRS Service Application as well as Databases.
  • Run the following PowerShell command: “get-spserviceinstance -all |where {$_.TypeName -like “SQL Server Reporting*”} | Stop-SPServiceInstance
  • Run the following PowerShell command: “Install-SPRSService –Uninstall
  • Run the following PowerShell command: “Install-SPRSServiceProxy –Uninstall
  • Go to Control Panel, Select SQL Server and then click REPAIR. Do a full repair of the SSRS + Addin feature (you shouldn’t have anything else installed on the server anyway, so just select all)
  • Run the PowerShell commands (Install-SPRSService & Install-SPRSServiceProxy & get-spserviceinstance -all |where {$_.TypeName -like “SQL Server Reporting*”} | Start-SPServiceInstance)
  • Create the SSRS Service Application.

Now everything should work! Drop a comment if this helped!

EventID 2548 Content Plugin cannot be initialized

Event ID 2548 Content Plugin cannot be initialized

Advertisements

Advertisements

Event ID 2548 Content Plugin cannot be initialized

I have built a new SharePoint 2013 environment and after provisioning a new Search Service Application the following was regularly being logged in the Application Event Log: Event ID 2548

Content Plugin cannot be initialized - list of CSS addresses is not set

EventID 2548 css adress not set sharepoint search

After a fair amount of Googling and looking through logs I learned that this was caused by the Search Service Application not being fully provisioned.  After removing and recreating the Search Service Application these errors went away.

Advertisements

Advertisements