Site not appear in IIS Manager error opening in SharePoint Designer
I have created a site collection and then create two team sites on SharePoint server. Sites are working fine from central Admin but Site not appear in IIS Manager. Also when I try to edit a SharePoint site on SharePoint designer 2010 following error comes.
Unable to open website following causes:
- The web server may not have SharePoint installed.
- The web server may be temporarily out of service.
- If you are connecting through a proxy server the proxy settings may be incorrect.
- An error may be occurred in the web server
The IIS manager only showing the following sites SharePoint 80 and SharePoint central admin
When I try to create a site on SharePoint designer following error comes:
The web site must be created on a server that is running Microsoft SharePoint foundation server please choose another location.
I have installed SharePoint server 2010, SharePoint foundation server 2010 and SharePoint designer on my pc.
* In IIS Manager, you're only going to see the Web apps, the site collections and sites are wont show up (if you have another web app that isn't showing up, that's a bigger issue. I'd delete it and try to recreate it.
* The SharePoint Designer issue, I've had before. For me, the issue was a firewall setting. But basically if you can get to the pages with the browser, make sure you have correct permissions set for your login, etc.