Tag Archives: something-went-wrong

something went wrong error

500 Internal Server Error sharepoint2013 SSRS

While trying to install SharePoint Server Reporting Services got into error “SSRS Errors, Gotta catch ‘em all!“. The error is basically getting a “The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error” whenever you click on either “System Settings” or “Manage Jobs

manage reporting services setting

manage reporting services setting

The error:

something went wrong error

something went wrong error

This doesn’t tell us much, however when we go into Event Viewer we find two event IDs that are related to this and they both have similar messages.

event viewer error message

event viewer error message

Event ID 6398

event viewer error message2

event viewer error message2

The thing we find in common in both those errors is “Could not find permission set named ‘ASP.Net’”. Here are the steps. What you probably already done to get to the error:

  • Install Reporting Servers + Addin
  • Run the PowerShell commands (Install-SPRSService & Install-SPRSServiceProxy & get-spserviceinstance -all |where {$_.TypeName -like “SQL Server Reporting*”} | Start-SPServiceInstance)
  • Create the SSRS Service Application.

What I did to fix it:

  • Delete the SSRS Service Application as well as Databases.
  • Run the following PowerShell command: “get-spserviceinstance -all |where {$_.TypeName -like “SQL Server Reporting*”} | Stop-SPServiceInstance
  • Run the following PowerShell command: “Install-SPRSService –Uninstall
  • Run the following PowerShell command: “Install-SPRSServiceProxy –Uninstall
  • Go to Control Panel, Select SQL Server and then click REPAIR. Do a full repair of the SSRS + Addin feature (you shouldn’t have anything else installed on the server anyway, so just select all)
  • Run the PowerShell commands (Install-SPRSService & Install-SPRSServiceProxy & get-spserviceinstance -all |where {$_.TypeName -like “SQL Server Reporting*”} | Start-SPServiceInstance)
  • Create the SSRS Service Application.

Now everything should work! Drop a comment if this helped!

Advertisements
Something went wrong 1920x1080

Something went wrong after enabling RBS

Advertisements
Advertisements

Something went wrong error after enabling RBS

I have just configured and enabled RBS for my SharePoint 2013 environment and now when I try to access the site I get the following error message: Sorry, Something went wrong Something went wrong error after enabling RBS sharepoint

Cannot complete this action.

Please try again.

Yet another fine example of unhelpful error messages from Microsoft!  Well, a quick check of the Event Log revealed nothing so I moved on to the ULS log.  Just before the error was generated the following lines were recorded in the log

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0×80131904): The EXECUTE permission was denied on the object ‘rbs_fn_get_blob_reference’, database ‘WEBBWORLD_Content_Portal’, schema ‘mssqlrbs’.

SQL error code from last error 229 – The EXECUTE permission was denied on the object ‘rbs_fn_get_blob_reference’, database ‘WEBBWORLD_Content_Portal’, schema ‘mssqlrbs’.

Clearly the problem was down to permissions.  After a bit of trial and error I discovered that the fix was to grant the following permissions to the Application Pool account on the content database:

  • db_rbs_admin
  • db_rbs_filestream_maintaner_1
  • db_rbs_filestream_reader_1
  • db_rbs_filestream_writer_1
  • db_rbs_maintainer
  • db_rbs_reader
  • db_rbs_writer
Advertisements
Advertisements