Configure SSRS for SharePoint Integration Mode SharePoint

SSRS has two modes.

1-Native mode: Build reports by hand and then look at them.

2-Integration mode: SharePoint Integration mode allows you to add Reporting Services content types to SharePoint, and then build and manage your reports from SharePoint.

Below are the steps:

Step-1. Click Start -> All Programs -> Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 -> Configuration Tools -> Reporting Services Configuration Manager.

Step-2. On pop-up window, click Connect.

Step-3. From the left-hand side of the window, click Web Service URL.

Step-4. Click the Advanced button.

Step-5. Click Add for the HTTP section.

Step-6. Select Host Header Name and enter raj.com.

Step-7. Click OK.

Step-8. Highlight the “all assigned listener” item above it and click Remove.

Step-9. Click OK.

Step-10. Click Database on the left.

Step-11. Click the Change Database button.

Step-12. Select “Create a new report server database” and click Next.

Step-13. For “Connect to Database Server,” accept the defaults and click Next.

Step-14. From the Report Server Mode, select SharePoint Integrated Mode.

Step-15. Click Next.

Step-16. For Authentication Type, leave Service Credentials and click Next.

Step-17. From the Summary screen, click Next.

Step-18. Everything will be successful, and you can click Finish.

Step-19. All other settings should work as it is, so click Exit.

Advertisements

CA MSG:rsCustomAction.exe failed to configure Error code 1 sharepoint SSRS Addin fails

While configuring SharePoint Server Reporting Services (SSRS) at my client, I had a really strange problem on one of the farms… I couldn’t get the SSRS Addin to install. I tried rebooting, repairing but nothing. After digging out in the logs, I found this funny error message:

CA MSG : rsCustomAction.exe failed to configure, Error code is: 1

CustomAction RSSP_CAInstall_64 returned actual error code 1603 (note this may not be 100% accurate if translation happened inside sandbox)

ca msg-:rscustomaction exe failed to configure error code 1

ca msg-:rscustomaction exe failed to configure error code 1 Also, for the information I was running SQL 2012 SP1 + Windows Server 2012 R2. You might also see something like this in the logs:


Also, for the information I was running SQL 2012 SP1 + Windows Server 2012 R2. You might also see something like this in the logs:
CA MSG:rsCustomAction.exe failed to configure Error code 1

CA MSG:rsCustomAction.exe failed to configure Error code 1

Long Story Short, after a lot of googling and asking for help from SQL & SharePoint masters, I found out that the bug is because I had a line commented in the web.config file of a web application. As strange as this may sound, after deleting the commented line, the install went through perfectly. I couldn’t find any official documentation on this, so if this worked for you please share it in the comments!

Drop a comment if this helped!

something went wrong error

500 Internal Server Error sharepoint2013 SSRS

While trying to install SharePoint Server Reporting Services got into error “SSRS Errors, Gotta catch ‘em all!“. The error is basically getting a “The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error” whenever you click on either “System Settings” or “Manage Jobs

manage reporting services setting

manage reporting services setting

The error:

something went wrong error

something went wrong error

This doesn’t tell us much, however when we go into Event Viewer we find two event IDs that are related to this and they both have similar messages.

event viewer error message

event viewer error message

Event ID 6398

event viewer error message2

event viewer error message2

The thing we find in common in both those errors is “Could not find permission set named ‘ASP.Net’”. Here are the steps. What you probably already done to get to the error:

  • Install Reporting Servers + Addin
  • Run the PowerShell commands (Install-SPRSService & Install-SPRSServiceProxy & get-spserviceinstance -all |where {$_.TypeName -like “SQL Server Reporting*”} | Start-SPServiceInstance)
  • Create the SSRS Service Application.

What I did to fix it:

  • Delete the SSRS Service Application as well as Databases.
  • Run the following PowerShell command: “get-spserviceinstance -all |where {$_.TypeName -like “SQL Server Reporting*”} | Stop-SPServiceInstance
  • Run the following PowerShell command: “Install-SPRSService –Uninstall
  • Run the following PowerShell command: “Install-SPRSServiceProxy –Uninstall
  • Go to Control Panel, Select SQL Server and then click REPAIR. Do a full repair of the SSRS + Addin feature (you shouldn’t have anything else installed on the server anyway, so just select all)
  • Run the PowerShell commands (Install-SPRSService & Install-SPRSServiceProxy & get-spserviceinstance -all |where {$_.TypeName -like “SQL Server Reporting*”} | Start-SPServiceInstance)
  • Create the SSRS Service Application.

Now everything should work! Drop a comment if this helped!